Schoeller Allibert Corporate test center
Highly skilled professionals and unique equipment to guarantee product performance.
Located in Hardenberg, near the Schoeller Allibert factory in Netherlands, our test center offers unique state of the art equipment to test all new products before launching and to simulate real industrial logistics and process applications offering our customers to try out and test our products according to their specific environment and requirements.
The Center is also used by our customers and market managers for customer product workshops, and we also offer customers the opportunity to use our test facilities to simulate their own applications.
Test/product related experience and expertize
The Test Center has two fulltime Test Engineers with many years testing experience on returnable plastic packaging to related test standards such as ISO. The Test Engineers are supported in their task by Schoeller Allibert’s team of product designers. Together they make the best simulation of field applications using reproducible and representative tests in a controlled environment. This is of key importance within the whole development process and beyond.
The Test Center is equipped with:
- 5 climate chambers with temperature ranging from -30°C up to 150°C
- 10 large compression testers up to loads of 16 tonnes
- 9 smaller compression testers up to loads of 1 tonne
- 2 racking testers, for static racking and forklift tests
- 2 drop testers, up to 6 meter for bottle crates and 4 meter for large products (e.g. Big Boxes)
- Facility for bullet impact tests
- Inclined plane tester ( 1 tonne and 1 m²) for dynamic impact/forklift tests
- Slip angle test for pallets
- Push and pull unit to simulate wear
- Combo filling pump
- Quick compression tester
- Drop dummies for bottle crates
- Shaker tester
An essential activity of our innovation department is to monitor the performance of competing products. Schoeller Allibert benchmark teams, including project manager, product designer and test center engineer, perform comparative tests in the Test Center. The outcome is used for development and sales purposes.
Customer Work Shops
Market Teams use the Test Center also to facilitate Customer Workshops. The Workshops vary to suit the needs of the customers and sales teams. There is a training area for the theoretical part of the Workshop, showroom areas were Schoeller Allibert products can be shown and compared to competitors’ products, and of course the Workshop always contains a practical element where “Live Benchmark Tests” are performed in the Test Center itself.